Chikara Budo martial arts club was founded in the latter part of 2003. It is based on a philosophy of providing high quality martial arts training that maintains tradition but is also continuously evolving through the open collaboration with others.
The club is a member of the Traditional Japanese Karate Network (TJKN) and the International Budo Federation (IBF). Our senior instructors are very experienced as detailed on the training page. They love to teach and value beginner students just as much as experienced ones
Safety is the highest priority in all classes. Tracy Shihan and Damien Sensei have current senior first aid certificates, police clearances and are patrolling members with the West Beach Surf Lifesaving club
- To promote and encourage members to train in a variety of martial arts
- To provide martial arts training on a not for profit basis that is specially affordable for families
- To promote and encourage a friendly, non-threatening training atmosphere for members
- To promote and encourage members to improve general fitness
- To promote martial arts throughout the general community
- Hot weather policy is when the forecast is over 35 C at West Beach we will combine the beginner and senior classes on Monday and Thursday to train at the beach from 6:30 pm.